When Innovation becomes practice the Investment brings Return, Progress and Sustainability. One of the major challenges companies face relays on their capacity to take the way from Research to Development keeping cost down while assuring Short Time to Market.
Between 75% and 95% of Intellectual Property remains unused in the archives. This is an intolerant waste of resources and ideas. Either the owner company or for companies which may take advantage of that innovation.
Progressive shorter life cycles and ongoing evolution of Knowledge demand an optimum management from companies when dealing with partners as well as employees. Hiding information will not be profitable for longer. By contrast, entities must look for the way they share and put new ideas into practice.
Proper Organizational Strategies make possible the continuous positive impact on the market that Board and Stakeholders expect from the Company to keep the Value On.
Engineers play a fundamental role in this Goal. Professionals with the fine degree of specialization to rule projects demanding high technical expertise while enjoying their capability to understand the complexity of Entire Business and their Objectives and Priorities.
A panel of 18 engineers, technologists and futurists included Google co-founder Larry Page and genomics pioneer J. Craig Venter spent more than a year pondering how best to improve life on Earth and came up with 14 Grand Engineering Challenges.
- Make Solar Energy affordable.
- Provide Energy from Fusion.
- Develop Carbon Sequestration methods.
- Manage the Nitrogen Cycle.
- Provide Access to Clean Water.
- Restore and improve Urban Infrastructure.
- Advance Health Informatics.
- Engineer better Medicines.
- Reverse-engineer the Brain.
- Prevent Nuclear Terror.
- Secure Cyberspace.
- Enhance Virtual Reality.
- Advance Personalized Learning.
- Engineer the tools for Scientific Discovery.
Certainly today we may add some more. Some examples we suggest:
- Provide Virtuous Cycles of Raw Materials fostering continuous loops for re-inserting.
- Feasibility of Electric Energy in Automotive. Basically Charging Time.
- Nuclear Waste Management.
May you help us to add any one else?
Which is the major priority in your opinion?